Hands-Free Texting Legal While Driving for 2013
It’s still unlawful to pull out your smartphone and start texting, but hands free texting (such as using Apple’s Siri) is now legal in California for 2013. You can still be ticketed if you are operating your smartphone while it is in your hand.
The new law applies to hands free, voice activated systems only. The bill’s sponsor in the legislature says the new law is just keeping up with technology. The National Safety Council says even hands free technologies can mean unnecessary distractions for drivers and is expected to seek to repeal the law.
Feel free to call my office anytime for a free consultation if you have any questions about your right to be compensated for an injury caused by a distracted driver.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review