Mom Accidentally Hits 2-Year-Old Son With Car
Escondido, California – On May 19, 2013, U-T San Diego reported that a mother had accidentally hit her 2-year-old boy while she was backing her car out of her driveway in Escondido.
The accident occurred shortly after 11 a.m. on East Ohio Avenue near North Elm Street, according to the police. The injured boy was flown by air ambulance to Rady Children’s Hospital for treatment of his head injuries, said Escondido Police Lt. Justin Murphy.
According to Lt. Murphy, the child’s mother was backing out of her driveway and did not see her son. He noted that the incident appeared to be an accident.
Motor Vehicle Safety (CDC)
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. In 2009, more than 2.3 million adult drivers and passengers were treated in America’s emergency rooms after being involved in a motor vehicle crash. (CDC)
All too often car accidents and pedestrian accidents cause what are called traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) which contribute dramatically to the numbers of deaths and cases of permanent disability every year. In younger children ages two to four the most common cause of TBI are falls; however, in older children the most common cause is collisions with motor vehicles, and this can include bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents in addition to the typical car accident.
In Southern California, owning and operating motor vehicles is a part of everyday life, and a necessity if you want to get to and from work. Unfortunately, between San Diego’s large population and its vast amount of cars and trucks on the roads, motor vehicle accidents in the form of car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents are bound to occur when you least expect it.
If you were injured in a car accident in the greater San Diego area, I urge you to contact me at my firm, Eugene Bruno & Associates right away. I am here to handle the paperwork and pursue maximum financial recovery so you don’t have to. I gladly offer a free, no-obligation consultation where you can gain insight and direction into your case – contact our San Diego car accident lawyer today!
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review