Drunk Driver Accident Archive
Drunk driving is incredibly debilitating, and it can result in horrible consequences. In just the year 2016, 11 fatal DUI crashes took place in San Diego, with a total of 16 deaths. Despite how commonly it occurs, drunk driving is 100% preventable and our law firm is passionate about helping organizations such as MADD to impact the problem of impaired drivers.
A 23-year-old mother whose drunk driving led to the deaths of two children was recently sentenced to 8 years in prison. The Chula Vista woman drove her minivan with a 0.13 percent blood alcohol concentration (BAC) last August 5 when she lost control of the vehicle. The minivan fell down an embankment, flipped, and landed on its roof in Otay Reservoir. The vehicle then sank.
Ethan Couch, age 16, grew up wealthy and privileged. His parents never set rules and boundaries for him. As a result, he allegedly stole some beer from Walmart, got drunk, and then drove a car. He killed 4 people as a result of driving DUI. But for a made up disease — called Affluenza — Ethan might have been sentenced to 25 years in prison. But because of this made up disease, he got probation. He may never see the inside of a jail cell for killing 4 people. And the families of the 4 that Ethan killed may never have peace of mind. Ethan’s lawyers somehow convinced a judge that his upbringing created such a sense of entitlement, lack of respect for rules, and a lack of remorse for his bad acts that it would be wrong for him to go to prison.
“It’s Just Past 3 am on a Saturday Nite…”, last week’s cover story in the San Diego Reader, reports: “In San Diego it seems if you don’t have a DUI, chances are your neighbor does. According to insurance.com, America’s Finest City topped the list for having the largest percentage of drivers with alcohol related driving convictions in mid-2010.” The story takes a hard look at the consequences of driving under the influence, even for a first offense, including loss or restriction of your license, and bail, fines, penalties, and attorney’s fees which can add up to $10,000 or more.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review