CHP’s Start Smart Program for Teen Drivers
Motor vehicle collisions are the No. 1 killer of teens, and their risk of collision is four times that of an experienced driver. The risk is highest when teens are in the first 12 to 24 months of licensure.
CHP’s Start Smart program is aimed at helping newly licensed- or soon to be licensed- teenage drivers (ages 15 to 19) become more aware of the responsibilities that accompany the privilege of driving. Teen drivers and their parents/guardians can participate in a free 2 hour Start Smart class usually hosted at a local CHP office. CHP officers speak directly to the teens and their parents/guardians, discussing topics such as collision avoidance techniques along with collision causing elements such as excessive speed, DUI, and distracted driving. Start Smart makes teens and parents aware of the responsibilities they face and teaches what precautions to take to stay safe; such as the importance of seat belt usage, how to avoid being distracted when there are passengers in the vehicle and what to do when involved in a collision. Start Smart is funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety.
Contact your local CHP office to enroll your teen driver in a Start Smart class.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review