Truck Accident Archive
In the world of transportation, big-rig trucks are the backbone of our economy, responsible for moving goods from one corner of the country to another. While these mammoth vehicles are essential for commerce, they also pose unique safety challenges, particularly when it comes to braking. In this blog, we’ll explore the crucial role of braking practices in keeping us safe on the road.
With e-commerce on the rise, more big rigs than ever are on the road today. In 2022, trucks transported 11.46 billion tons of freight, as reported by the American Trucking Association (ATA). The challenges of sharing the road with large commercial trucks are a concern for many motorists. Everyone on the roadway must use safe driving practices.
You’ve heard the saying: “A picture tells a thousand words,” but what happens when a picture isn’t enough? If your vehicle doesn’t show much damage from a crash, a picture won’t tell the story of what happened to you inside the vehicle. To prove your case, you’re going to have to find other evidence to tell the story.
With more big rigs on the roads than ever today, it is important to know about truck blind spots and how to avoid them. These are areas in which it is difficult for truckers to vehicles ahead, behind, and in adjoining lanes. Large trucks have substantial blind spots on all four sides, known as “No-Zones.” These large blind spots are located:
- Directly in the front of the cab, 20 feet ahead
- Behind the vehicle for approximately 30 feet
- Left side of the truck for one lane width
- Right side of the truck, extending out for two lane widths
Amazon is one of the largest and most successful retailers in the world. One key to the company’s success is fast delivery. Customers are able to receive orders in just a day or two, with next day delivery in many cases. The promise of fast delivery puts pressure on Amazon drivers, which can contribute to higher numbers of auto accidents.
Originally, the company partnered with FedEx, UPS, and other carriers to make its deliveries. Currently, Amazon has a large fleet of vehicles. It also partners with local carriers to deliver goods housed in huge fulfillment centers throughout the county. These are warehouses where orders are received, filled, and shipped out to customers. Amazon shipping operations are growing rapidly, and it is now one of the largest delivery carriers in the country.
A fully loaded big rig truck weighs at least twenty times more than a regular passenger vehicle. It’s not surprising that trucks cause devastating injuries when they collide with cars, vans, motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians.
Self-driving cars will soon be a reality, but self driving semi-truck may a reality a lot sooner. A lot of automakers like Tesla, Volvo, Daimler, Embark and others are using autonomous technology to create robotic semi truck drivers.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review