Halloween is a Scary Night on the Road
Halloween is a night full of fun for trick-or-treaters. Keep an eye out for little ones in costume and pay extra attention to pedestrians, as they may be unaware of their surroundings or have difficulty seeing through costumes and masks. Trick-or-treaters – especially small children – can seem to appear out of nowhere; drive extra cautiously.
Adults join in on celebrating this spooky holiday too and many plan to celebrate by drinking. If you plan on drinking this Halloween, keep in mind that the best choice you can make is to drive sober or designate a sober driver to get you home safely. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, impaired driving is more prevalent on Halloween than almost any other night of the year. In 2012, 48% of all motor vehicle traffic fatalities on Halloween night involved a drunk driver. That’s a lot of preventable deaths and many more preventable injuries.
- If you have been drinking, take a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation.
- Walking impaired can be just as dangerous as driving intoxicated. Designate a sober friend to walk you home.
- Find out if your community has sober ride program.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, contact local law enforcement.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review