Experienced and Trusted Motorcycle Accidents Law Firm
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in San Diego
Experienced and Reliable Representation After a San Diego Motorcycle Accident
San Diego is one of many major cities in California with an extensive road network. While these roads make transportation more manageable, they are some of the most dangerous ones in the state. For example, interstate 15 (Miramar Way to Scripps Poway Parkway) has the deadliest blackspot in San Diego County. It is a five-mile stretch that bikers tend to use.
The nature of roads in San Diego makes motorcycle accidents quite common. In fact, these accidents account for about 23% of road fatalities in California every year. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, our experienced San Diego motorcycle accident attorney at Eugene Bruno & Associates is ready to help. We have helped many people in your situation and know what it takes to increase your chances of a favorable ruling. Call us today at (619) 209-6066.
Why Motorcycles Accidents Are So Dangerous
Motorcycle accidents are hazardous and could result in significant damage. The chances of a fatality in a motorcycle accident are an average of 28 times more likely than in a car accident. Statistics show that motorcycle accidents have an 80% injury or fatality rate, while car accidents have just 20%.
There are many reasons why motorcycle accidents are so dangerous. For instance, motorcycles are less stable because they are on two wheels compared to cars with four wheels. Besides, motorcycles don’t provide sufficient protection for occupants like vehicles do — no roof, airbags, cabin, or seat belts to secure and protect the rider in case of an accident. When a motorcycle stops or crashes suddenly, the rider will continue to propel at the speed they were moving.
If the rider doesn’t crash into the car or another object, they will continue flying in the air before landing. These circumstances cause severe injuries and often leave riders bedridden or deceased.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many causes of motorcycle accidents in San Diego. Some of them include the following:
- Speeding: This is the leading cause of motorcycle accidents. When a motorcycle goes at high speed, the rider will have little time to prevent collisions. Besides, high speeds often injure the rider severely — the higher the speed, the more severe the injuries.
- Driving Under the Influence: Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is driving under the influence. Car drivers driving under the influence can fail to notice bikers and knock them down. Motorists who cause accidents due to drug influence often face both criminal and civil liability.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: A driver colliding with a biker when they fail to check their blind spot when switching lanes. It is every motorist’s duty to signal others when changing lanes.
- Car Doors: A significant number of motorcycle accidents occur when a driver opens the door of their parked vehicle in the path of an oncoming rider. In such cases, the driver is held liable for damages as they endangered the safety of other road users. Car door motorcycle accidents can be tragic, especially if the rider is going at high speed.
- Lane Splitting: When you drive between two traffic lanes, you will be lane splitting. This practice can endanger a rider’s safety, especially if there is oncoming traffic. Inexperienced riders can also have challenges navigating lanes.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Motorcycle accidents often leave the rider with severe injuries. Some of the most common injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident are:
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Amputated limbs
- Organ damage
Contact Our San Diego Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in a motorcycle crash, Eugene Bruno & Associates has dedicated San Diego motorcycle accident lawyers ready to help. We will help you determine your next legal action and represent your interests in court. Call (619) 209-6066 today to schedule your free consultation.
- What if Lane-Splitting Contributed to a Motorcycle Accident?
- Top 10 Motorcycle Mistakes to Avoid for a Safe Ride
- Just How Much More Dangerous Are Motorcycles?
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review