Top 10 Motorcycle Mistakes to Avoid for a Safe Ride
Whether you’re a new or experienced rider, motorcycle accidents happen. The NHSTA reports motorcyclists accounted for 14% of all traffic accidents in 2020. Mistakes happen but on a motorcycle those mistakes can have serious consequences. Here’s ten of the most common mistakes motorcyclists make that cause accidents.
- Riding too fast or aggressively: Speeding and aggressive riding can increase the risk of losing control of the bike and getting into an accident.
- Failing to maintain the motorcycle: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure that the motorcycle is in good working order. Failure to maintain the bike can lead to mechanical failures and accidents.
- Riding under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Impaired riding can slow reaction times and impair judgment, increasing the risk of getting into an accident.
- Not wearing proper safety gear: Protective gear, such as helmets, gloves, and boots, can reduce the risk of injuries in the event of an accident.
- Riding in bad weather conditions: Poor weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog, can reduce visibility and make the roads more dangerous. Riders should adjust their riding to accommodate for the conditions.
- Not being aware of surroundings: Riders should be aware of their surroundings and anticipate potential hazards on the road, including other vehicles, pedestrians, and road hazards.
- Riding beyond their skill level: Riders should only take on challenges they can safely handle. Pushing beyond their skill level can lead to accidents.
- Improper lane changes or failure to signal: Riders should always use turn signals when changing lanes or making turns to ensure other drivers are aware of their intentions.
- Not keeping a safe distance: Riders should maintain a safe distance from other vehicles to ensure they have enough time to react in case of an emergency.
- Failure to follow traffic laws: Riders should follow all traffic laws and regulations, including speed limits, stop signs, and traffic signals.
By avoiding these common motorcycle mistakes, riders can reduce their risk of getting into an accident and stay safe on the road.
Investigating a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence or reckless behavior, it’s important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Our team of experienced San Diego motorcycle accident attorneys are here for you. Over the years, we have helped thousands of clients and we have recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation. Call (619) 209-6066 to schedule a FREE case evaluation today. At Eugene Bruno & Associates, you don’t pay anything unless we win your case.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review