No Criminal Charges for Cab Driver Who Plowed into Crowd at Stingaree
The AP and Huffington Post report there will be no criminal charges filed against the taxi driver who plowed into a crowd outside Stingaree nightclub on Feb. 12, despite injuring 35 people. SDPD says there is insufficient evidence to charge the 52-year-old driver.
Police have not determined what caused the crash, but think it’s likely the driver fell asleep at the wheel. The Sheriff’s Department has suspended the driver’s taxi license.
Those injured face an uphill battle getting their medical bills paid. In many of the cab-related injury cases I’ve handled over the years, cab companies tend to maintain the lowest level of insurance permitted by California law — $15,000 per person, up to $30,000 per accident.
If you, or someone you know, has been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you need an experienced, aggressive car accident lawyer to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Call my office anytime for a free case evaluation. Know your rights!
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review