Taking Effective Car Accident Scene Photos
After a car crash, check to see if anyone inside your vehicle needs help and then dial 911 right away. Seek immediate medical assistance for any injuries, even if they don’t seem to be severe. Some injuries can get a lot worse if they’re not treated right away.
If you’re feeling up to it, use your cell phone to snap pictures of the accident scene. Or you can ask a friend to take the pictures for you.
Effective accident scene photos provide outstanding evidence of what actually occurred during an accident. The pictures will be very helpful for your personal injury attorney when they file a claim with the insurance company.
These Pictures Will Help Your Claim
You’ll want to record the entire accident scene and get as many details as possible. But it’s also important to stay safe and avoid interfering with police and other first responders.
You can capture the following types of important information:
- License plates demonstrate which vehicles were present and they can be particularly useful to investigators if anyone decides to flee the scene.
- Vehicle damage. Snapping a number of pictures from up close and about 15 feet away will help determine the extent of vehicle damage and the speed of impact.
- Injuries. Continue to document the injuries that you and your passengers suffer from the time of the accident and throughout the treatment and recovery process.
- Weather conditions. Rain, snow, ice, and limited visibility caused by fog can all contribute to the severity of an accident. Drivers are required to slow down to a safe speed if there is inclement weather.
- Road conditions. Anything that may have contributed to the accident should be documented, such as potholes, obstructions, and other hazards.
- The accident scene. Take pictures from various angles to create an impression of the entire area. Record the position of vehicles, skid marks, broken glass, damaged trees or road signs, and any other relevant information.
- Missing or obscured signs, streetlights, road markings, and other factors that may have contributed to the accident.
In addition to taking photos, you can also use your phone to collect names and contact information from other drivers and any witness who saw the accident.
How Your San Diego Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Insurance companies try to save money by offering lowball settlements and denying claims. Agents are looking for any excuse to avoid responsibility when one of their clients causes an accident. They’ll point their finger in every direction, often blaming you or someone else for their client’s careless behavior.
The experienced San Diego car accident attorneys at Eugene Bruno & Associates stand up to the big insurance companies. We’ll investigate the accident to find out what really happened. Then will file a claim against anyone whose negligent behavior contributed to your injuries. If the insurance companies refuse to make a reasonable offer, we’re always prepared to take them to trial.
After examining accident scene photos, forensic evidence, witness interviews, police reports, surveillance camera video, and other types of evidence, our team will create a vivid re-creation of the accident scene. This provides powerful evidence that’s very effective, especially when it’s shown to a jury.
Using all the tools at our disposal, Eugene Bruno & Associates will put immense pressure on the insurance company to do the right thing and provide you with the money you need to cover these types of expenses:
- Doctor’s office visits
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance transport
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Wheelchair access ramps
- In-home nursing care
Were You Harmed by Someone Else’s Careless Behavior?
It’s only right that the person who hurt you should have to pay for your medical costs and other expenses caused by the accident.
Our team at Eugene Bruno & Associates has won millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and we belong to Consumer Attorneys of San Diego.
Call (619) 209-6066 to schedule a FREE case evaluation today. Remember: You don’t pay anything unless we win your case.
- “I would recommend them to anybody after the amazing work they have done for me. Thank you Eugene Bruno & Associates!”
- Shayan H., Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review