Tips for Driving in Bad Weather
As we look forward to the holiday season and cozy weather, we must remain careful and alert when driving in bad weather. In 2016, San Diego received 8.18 inches of rainfall. While this does not compare to many cities across the United States, it is likely you may be out of town visiting loved ones in cities that receive much heavier rainfall or even snow. It is best to remind yourself of safe driving practices if you are forced to drive in bad weather conditions.
Driving in Rain
Driving with cruise control in wet or slippery conditions may apply more throttle is the drive wheels start to slip. It is best to not use cruise control in these conditions.
You need more space to stop on slick roads. Increase the space you normally leave between you and the next car in wet weather by double or triple the space.
Slow down at the first sign of rain, drizzle, or snow on the road.
Driving in Snow
You may not be able to see more than 100 feet ahead of your vehicle in a heavy rainstorm or snowstorm. You cannot safely drive faster than 30 mph when you cannot see farther than 100 feet.
If you find yourself stuck in ice or snow, using your floor mats under the edge of the tires can help give them traction.
Carry the correct number of chains and make sure they will fit your drive wheels. Learn how to put the chains on before you need to use them.
Brake gently when driving on slippery surfaces like ice or snow. Use light pressure on the accelerator pedal when starting.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review