Toyota Sued Over Acceleration Claims
Reuters reports that 7 auto insurance companies, including Allstate, are suing Toyota Motor Corp. to recover money they paid in claims for car crashes blamed on unintended acceleration of Toyota vehicles. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, as many as 89 crash-related deaths since 2000 may be linked to sudden acceleration in Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
Toyota also faces an estimated $10 billion in potential civil liability in U.S. courts for consumer fraud, personal injury and wrongful death claims stemming from acceleration complaints.
The latest lawsuits, filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, allege that Toyota ignored and hid a defect that causes some of its engines to surge out of control, and failed to install a brake-override system that would have prevented such accidents.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review