UT Discusses Cal Supreme Court Decision in Howell v. Hamilton Meats
The case became one of the most closely watched among insurance companies and injury victim’s lawyers in years because it answered the question whether an injury victim can recover the full amount of his/her hospital bills or only the smaller amount that the victim’s health insurance actually paid to the hospital. The stakes were huge — the insurance industry estimates it could save $3 billion a year by paying the lower amount. Question: Now that the big insurance companies have won in the Supreme Court, will they pass the savings on to you?
The California Supreme Court’s ruling was a victory for the big insurance companies who will end up paying injury victims far less. Make no mistake: This was NOT tort reform. This decision takes money out of the pockets of injury victims and puts it in the pockets of the big insurance companies.
If you, or someone you know, has been injured in a motor vehicle accident or any type of accident, call today to speak with me about how your rights may be affected by this decision. Know your rights!
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review