Affluenza is Not a Real Thing
Ethan Couch, age 16, grew up wealthy and privileged. His parents never set rules and boundaries for him. As a result, he allegedly stole some beer from Walmart, got drunk, and then drove a car. He killed 4 people as a result of driving DUI. But for a made up disease — called Affluenza — Ethan might have been sentenced to 25 years in prison. But because of this made up disease, he got probation. He may never see the inside of a jail cell for killing 4 people. And the families of the 4 that Ethan killed may never have peace of mind. Ethan’s lawyers somehow convinced a judge that his upbringing created such a sense of entitlement, lack of respect for rules, and a lack of remorse for his bad acts that it would be wrong for him to go to prison.
Ethan’s parents failed him again. They hired the dream team defense lawyers that cooked up this fake disease with the intention of getting their kid off the hook for killing 4 people. IMHO if Ethan’s parents were comfortable taking the fall for their kid, they should put their money where their mouth is. If its the parent’s fault for not teaching their son responsibility, then the parents should be held responsible. If the parents’ failed to set boundaries and hold their son accountable for bad behavior caused the deaths of 4 innocent people, then I hope someone holds them responsible.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review