Experienced and Trusted Wrongful Death Law Firm
Wrongful Death Lawyers in Chula Vista
Anyone who has lost a close family member will know all too well that it is never easy. When their untimely death was caused by the negligence or deliberate wrongdoing of another person and, therefore, could have been avoided, your natural grief is very likely to be joined by anger, and a stark realization of just how unfair and cruel life can be. When a wrongful death occurs as a result of a car accident, truck accident, medical malpractice, or other circumstance, an expert Chula Vista attorney from Eugene Bruno & Associates could ensure you are adequately and fairly compensated for your loss, and any associated financial impact.
You can rest assured that, along with outstanding legal representation, our wrongful death lawyers will pledge to handle your lawsuit with the compassion you deserve.
Am I Eligible to Claim Wrongful Death Compensation in Chula Vista?
Under California law and, specifically, § 377.60-377.62 of the California Code of Civil Procedure, only certain parties are entitled to file for wrongful death compensation following the loss of a loved one. In the first instance, this extends to:
- Surviving spouse or domestic partner of the deceased
- Surviving children of the deceased
Where no surviving spouse, domestic partner, or children exists, you may be eligible to file for wrongful death compensation as:
- Another financial dependent of the deceased
- Putative spouse of the deceased
- Any children of the decedent’s putative spouse
- Stepchildren of the decedent
- Surviving parents of the deceased
Any, or all, of these eligible parties may join a claim for wrongful death compensation at any point, although there is no obligation for them to do so. It is important to be aware that only one wrongful death lawsuit can be filed per decedent, so all parties must join the same suit, rather than each raising their own, separate claim.
Your Chula Vista wrongful death attorney can discuss the specifics of your individual circumstances, and eligibility to file a suit, during your initial consultation.
What Damages Can I Recover Through a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
If you are eligible to file or join a wrongful death lawsuit, you will be entitled to seek compensation for a variety of both economic and non-economic damages. There is no need to become overly concerned with the specifics at this point, as your Chula Vista personal injury lawyer will ensure that you recover all damages you are entitled to, however, for reference, this may include:
- The pain and suffering experienced by the deceased between the time of injury and their time of death
- Medical expenses incurred between time of injury and time of death
- Loss of earnings, predicted future earnings, and other lost income
- Loss of companionship, consortium, and guidance of the deceased
- Funeral and burial costs, where applicable
- Other economic costs incurred as a direct result of your loved one’s wrongful death
- “I would recommend them to anybody after the amazing work they have done for me. Thank you Eugene Bruno & Associates!”
- Shayan H., Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review