Bicycle Safety is for Everyone
Whether we drive cars or motorcycles, bike, or walk, the road belongs to everyone and everyone has a part to play to ensure safety on the road. Regardless of your mode of transportation, we have a duty to know and follow the law.
For example, drivers and bicycle riders must obey all the same rules of the road, including stopping at stop signs, allowing faster moving vehicles to pass, yielding to pedestrians, avoiding distracted driving, and not driving under the influence. Drivers also have to keep at least 3 feet of distance when passing a bicycle.
In the last 5 years, CHP’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System recorded 738 bicyclists killed and another 61,000 injured in collisions with vehicles. The data shows that improper turning and bicycling under the influence of drugs or alcohol were the major causes of injury or death in those cases. Another study from UC Davis reported that 50% of bicycle deaths result from head injuries. California law requires that all riders under age 18 wear helmets, but this statistic is a grim reminder that helmets are a good idea for all riders.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review