Fewer Uninsured Drivers with Expanded CLCA Coverage
Despite state law that mandates auto insurance for all vehicles, some estimate there are more than 3 million uninsured vehicles in California. However, more low-income Californians will now have the opportunity to purchase affordable automobile insurance. Gov. Jerry Brown recently signed legislation that will expand California’s Low-Cost Automobile Insurance Program (CLCA) to include non-citizen individuals who qualify for California drivers’ licenses next year.
While the problem of uninsured vehicles is big problem, there are many more vehicles that are under-insured. These vehicles have insurance that meets the minimum limits required by California law. However, in many cases, the state minimum is insufficient to cover all the damages.
If you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or under-insured driver, you could be left without any way to get your car repaired or your medical bills paid. That’s why I tell all of my clients to carry underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage on their auto insurance policies. But remember, when it comes to paying a claim for injuries caused by an uninsured or under-insured driver, YOUR OWN INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE. In such cases, your own insurance company may use all of the same tactics they would use to deny any other claim — even if you’ve been a loyal customer for years.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident with an uninsured or under-insured driver, please call my office to find out about your rights.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review