The Importance of Having Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Every driver in the state of California is required by law to carry auto liability insurance. The minimum liability insurance for a passenger vehicle is $15,000 for injury or death of a single individual, $30,000 for injury or death of multiple individuals, and $5,000 for property damage. Comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, rental car coverage, and various other types of insurance coverage are also available.
Individuals who do not meet the minimum insurance requirements are at risk of having their driving privileges suspended or revoked. Citations and fines will be issued to those who are found to be driving without the proper levels of insurance coverage. Despite the laws in place to prevent it, estimates from the state’s Department of Insurance show that close to 16.1% of all current drivers are driving without insurance.
Statistics like these may leave you wondering how you can recover compensation if you are injured in an accident caused by an uninsured driver. One way to protect yourself is to have uninsured motorist coverage on your own policy. This coverage will enable you to recover compensation for bodily injuries sustained by either you or your passengers in an uninsured motorist accident.
Without this insurance you will be left liable for the expenses relating to your injuries and repairs. Filing a lawsuit may be another option if you were hit by an uninsured motorist; however, once you file a lawsuit you could be prohibited from filing a claim with your own insurance company.
If you were harmed in an accident involving a driver who does not have insurance, call our team at Eugene Bruno & Associates to learn about your available options. We have over 45 years of combined experience helping car accident victims in San Diego fight for rightful compensation. To obtain outstanding representation for your case, contact our firm at once.
- “I would highly recommend Eugene Bruno & Associates! They helped me out with a case of mine and everything worked out perfectly. I worked with Amir, one of the lawyers and he was amazing. Definitely would work with him again. Thank you!”
- Mona Hakim, Google Review
- “This people deserve more than 5 stars. I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
- Faisal A., Google Review
- “You will not be disappointed hiring these guys. Eugene Bruno & Associates are the best car accident lawyers in San Diego and I recommend them 100%!!”
- Adam C., Google Review
- “Take the time to speak with Mr. Bruno, he will definitely help you and guide you and make you feel like family! Best decision I have made, I went with the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!”
- Lakeisha E., Google Review